The training sessions last 16 weeks with 14 hours of training per week.
A French as a Foreign Language (FFL) training for persons in exile who have yet to reach the baccalaureate level.
We provide courses for literacy, A1 and A2 levels. The school is intended for persons in exile who have yet to reach the baccalaureate level.
Training programs in Universities exist for high school graduates, which we encourage to contact Resome (http://resome.org/) and Wintegreat (http://wintegreat.org/).
A school based on the professionalism of the staff members
- Thot's teachers are all graduates in FLE and qualified to lead our students towards a French diploma
- A qualified team of artists leads the artistic workshop and supervises the cultural outings
- The assisting and listening spaces, and guidance center are lead by professionals
Listening, assisting and helping spaces
The experience of exile is difficult. Involvement in intensive training with a low educational background is complex.
To help our students to be comfortable in our language, we must assist them to lighten the burden of exile. That's why we associate with our pedagogy with
- 1 professional psychotherapeutic listening space
- 1 social/administrative help space
- the help of a lawyer specialized in foreigners' rights
Employment guidance to prepare the future
Thot's mission is to lead individuals to their social and economic autonomy. That's why we identify the most relevant training and employment opportunities for our students, taking into account their knowledge, their background and their personal aspirations, for 16 hours per training session:
- Weekly workshops to explain French employment environment
- Guidance for training and employment offers
A French proficiency degree recognized by the French state
Thot commits to lead its learners to obtain the DILF, DELF A1 or DELF A2.
It is issued after a written exam and oral examination center, and therefore corresponds to an international diploma, recognized by the French State.
An innovative and adapted educational program
Thot's pedagogy has been tailor-made and written to best suit and meet the specific needs of our students:
- Learning FFL starts from the everyday situations encountered
- The students' original languages are the starting point to make the French learning process easier
- The learning sequences can evolve according to their relevance in the learning process
- Classes are organized according to students' oral and written level
- Reading workshops are set up to help the students who encounter specific difficulties
Mariame Camara et Imaad Ali, fondateurs de la pédagogie